Paula Gomez / Mabel De Beunza
Paula@c3vagency.com / email@example.com
305.807.8996 / 305.877.1031
OASIS HOTELS & RESORTS OPENS SIX NEW RESTAURANTS IN CANCUN
Pioneer all-inclusive brand transforms dining experience
CANCUN, Quintana Roo, Mexico, August 17, 2015 — Oasis Hotels & Resorts, the first and leading all-inclusive vacation resort brand in the Mexican Caribbean, is revolutionizing the all-inclusive dining experience, implementing a series of food and beverage upgrades that range from simple, yet refined culinary offerings to state-of-the-art, dramatic dinner-and-a-show concepts. The brand has invested more than $30 million in renovating its properties and enhancing its amenities, with a keen focus on elevating its gastronomic offerings. In the last two years, Oasis Hotels & Resorts has unveiled a few of the highest rated restaurants in the destination, and within the last six months has opened several new dining concepts that continue to transform what guests have come to expect from a traditional all-inclusive dining experience.
In 2015, Oasis Hotels & Resorts has debuted the following restaurants at the Grand Oasis complex, home to The Pyramid at Grand Oasis and Grand Oasis Cancun:
- SPRING 2015: RED CIRCUS – An incredible dinner and show experience, guests at Red Circus are treated to an artistic aerial dance performance while enjoying an exquisite dinner. Combining mysticism, art, lights, magic and professional artists, the show leaves spectators in awe. Dinner includes a Chef’s choice prix-fixe menu and is accompanied by a bottle of champagne.
- MAY 2015: IL FORNO DOS LUNAS – Featuring Italian delicacies, this recently upgraded restaurant serves gourmet pizzas prepared in wood-fire brick ovens, delicate pastas and a variety of fish and poultry dishes. Warm Italian-Mediterranean art juxtapose with the checkered table clothes to greet guests upon arrival. The main dining room opens to a brand new terrace surrounded by lush tropical gardens, ideal for those who want to enjoy modern Italian cuisine al fresco.
- APRIL 2015: THE WHITE BOX GASTROBAR –Developed by Chef Rafael Zafra, trained by world-renowned Michelin Chef Ferran Adria, The White Box serves haute cuisine in an unpretentious and informal atmosphere. Offering exceptional views of the Mexican-Caribbean Sea with cozy European minimalist design, the dishes are all expertly prepared, presented beautifully and served tapas style so guests can sample a wide variety of delicacies. Standouts include the Surprise Avocado from the basket to the table, The White Box of assorted cheese and jams, Scallop Ceviche with leche de tigre and a bit of lemon air, Tatemado Shrimp blackened with black tempura, Potatoes with sausage from Valladolid, Sea Bass with tomato cream and dried fruit and brioche bread “Torrejas” with almond ice cream and lime. Aesthetically, the restaurant opts for a minimalistic approach with natural wood and white furnishings. Red accents and bottles of wine set within light beige wood boxed shelving complete the European essence. The restaurant is ranked within the top 5* in Cancun.
- APRIL 2015: MAKI TACO – This new Japanese-Mexican fusion restaurant serves creative dishes such as Chicken Broth lime soup with rice noodles and tofu, Wakame and Cactus Salad with octopus and mirin, a Tuna Roll “veracruzana style,” FishTempura “tikinxic” style and Matcha Tea Tapioca with strawberries and caramelized sesame seeds.
- APRIL 2015: DRAGON WEI – Serving a fusion of Chinese and Mexican delights, this new restaurant is a casual spot for inventive takes on classic dishes such as Chop Suey with “poblano” style chicken, Sour-chipotle Ribs and Shrimp in a teriyaki glaze, Veracruz style.
- FEBRUARY 2015: MARIA BONITA – This recently upgraded restaurant serves gourmet Mexican dining in a traditional Mexican hacienda setting. While hints of old Mexico and the country’s heritage welcomes guests in, it’s the contemporary dishes that really stand out. Menu items such as the Shrimp with Prickly Pear and sprinkles of pork crackling served with fresh cheese and vinaigrette, the Mayora Quesadilla with cheese, huitlacoche, rajas with pumpkin flower fried or grilled, Red Snapper filet with lime, Steak Medallions with goat cheese in a poblana sauce and Tequila-Flamed Caramel Crepes are all served with a side of entertaining live mariachi performances. In the last six months, the restaurant was upgraded, adding furnishings made with reclaimed wood that had been restored, adorned with traditional bright colors. The centerpiece of the restaurant’s renovation is an impressive hand-carved bar, brought in from an old hacienda that dates back to the early 1900s.
Oasis launched The Pyramid at Grand Oasis concept April 2015 as an upscale retreat located in the center of the Grand Oasis Cancun resort complex. Offering sophisticated guests a more refined travel experience, guests can now book directly at The Pyramid and enjoy exclusive amenities such as preferred rates for Smart cars**; complimentary rounds of golf at the resort’s exclusive 9-hole course; early check-in and late check-out***; private check-in and check-out; private VIP lounge; an upgraded complimentary in-room minibar stocked with a wider selection of Mexican and imported beers, soft drinks, bottled water and snacks; and a premium room service menu.
“At Oasis, we are very proud of being pioneers in Cancun’s all-inclusive market. It is that spirit of innovation that drives us to constantly look for ways to enhance the guest experience and stay relevant to a consumer base whose interests evolve continuously,” said Enrique Klein, Vice President, Sales & Marketing at Oasis Hotels & Resorts. “While we have made great investments to upgrade our resorts, our true differentiator, and that which will keep our guests returning year after year, will be our culinary program. We are offering experiences, menus and presentations that guests won’t find at any other resort in the destination.”
Oasis Hotels & Resorts began carving its niche as the leading culinary all-inclusive brand in 2013, partnering with Chef Rafael Zafra, a talented protégé of famed El Bulli Chef Ferran Adria. Chef Zafra, one of the world’s top chefs today, set out to create culinary experiences that would elevate the guest experience and set a high standard for the future of gastronomy within the all-inclusive market.
Chef Zafra first opened Hacienda Benazuza at the Grand Oasis Sens, a molecular gastronomy restaurant where science meets haute cuisine on the edge of the turquoise Caribbean waters. At Benazuza, chefs create the kind of magic that bursts upon the taste buds in a glorious shower of perfection. Guests can embark on a surprising and unforgettable culinary journey by imbibing in a 20-course tasting menu. Every cocktail and every dish is a surprise waiting to be uncovered.
The Black Hole, currently rated the #1 restaurant in Cancun on Tripadvisor****, is a one-of-a-kind dining experience that opened in 2014. Offering two seatings nightly, The Black Hole at Grand Oasis Sens sets guests out on a culinary adventure, where the entire dining experience is enjoyed in complete darkness. Guests are invited to forego their sight for one evening, and heighten their sense of taste, touch, smell and sound as they are led through one of the most unique experiences of their life. Guests are challenged to identify each dish, all paired with wines from around the globe.
*The White Box Gastrobar is ranked fifth on TripAdvisor as of June 30, 2015.
**Preferred rates for Smart cars inclusive of taxes and mandatory insurance.
***Early check-in and late check-out subject to availability.
****The Black Hole is ranked #1 on Tripadvisor as of August 13, 2015.
To learn more about Oasis Hotels & Resorts, or to book your stay, please visit www.oasishotels.com or call 1-800-44-OASIS.
About Oasis Hotels & Resorts
Oasis Hotels & Resorts is the pioneer of the all-inclusive concept in the Cancun – Riviera Maya area. Opening its first all-inclusive resort in 1980, today the company has a vast portfolio of eight properties spread throughout Cancun and Tulum, each with its own brand identity and catering to a distinct guest profile. Combined, Oasis Hotels & Resorts consists of 4,000 guestrooms and suites. The brand recently made a multi-million dollar investment to renovate its properties, including significant enhancements to its accommodations, food & beverage options and enhancing service standards. Oasis properties include: The Pyramid at Grand Oasis, Grand Oasis Cancun, Grand Oasis Tulum, Grand Oasis Palm, Oasis Palm, Oh! By Oasis, Grand Oasis Sens and Oasis Smart.
# # #